close this Window

Abernant Road

Abernant Road & William Haggar.

The first house on the left was once occupied by William Haggar (1851-1925), and was called Kinema House.  A century ago, William Haggar travelled around South Wales and the Pembrokeshire area showing - and making - some of the most popular and important films of his day.  The building in Market Street, that in our time was next door to the Magistrates Court, was originally Haggar’s Kosy Cinema

The two photographs above by kind permission of the Rhondda Cynon Tâf photographic archive)

Abernant Road

 
close this Window