Aberdare Boys’ Grammar School
from School Records
This photograph shows the school and a traffic-free Hirwaun Road on a summer’s day in 1939. Keen observers will notice that the tram rails and overhead wires have been removed, although the standards that carried the wires remain, and did so for many years afterwards.
A close-up of some of the pupils and other passers-by is shown below.